Monday, October 17, 2011

Now Interning . . .

We are happy to announce our newest intern here at Aesthetic Design Style House - Amber Coryell!

I'm going to let her tell you a little more about herself in her own words.  Take it away Amber!


Hello, my name is Amber Coryell and I am 23 years old.  Since I have been old enough to care what my clothes looked like I have been crazy about fashion.  I love mixing and matching and making things my own and I wanted to make that my career.

 I took up the hobby of sewing when I was in high school because I wanted to learn how to make my ideas into reality.  I love the idea of taking something so simple, like fabric, and the outcome of it becoming something completely different.  In my free time I have made or modified many things and found myself jumping into many projects just for the learning and experience. 

When I went into my last years of high school I did a lot of research to learn about how to follow my dreams in this field and I learned not only is it going to take a lot of time and determination but, a lot of money.  Art school was not cheap, so I decided to go to school to get my business degree.  I decided to get this degree not only because it could help me gain more knowledge in the business aspect, but help me get a better job to pay for the school I really wanted to go to. 

I have received my degree and I am in the process of transition, but in doing so I thought about trying to gain more knowledge about the fashion industry.  I decided I wanted to do this before I start school again so I could go in with a little more insight on both sides.  I was not sure how I was going to do this without any experience or an art degree under my belt, but I was determined so I just started emailing businesses, companies, stores, anything I could to see if they would let me intern.  In doing so I finally got the response I was hoping for and I am so excited to have gotten this chance!! I cannot wait to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment