- In some developing nations children must walk miles to school, clean water, and medical help.
- Cuts and sores on feet can lead to serious infection.
- Often, children cannot attend school barefoot.
- In Ethiopia, approximately one million people are suffering from Podoconiosis, a debilitating and disfiguring caused by walking barefoot in volcanic soil..
- Podoconiosis is 100% preventable with basic foot hygiene and wearing shoes.
So join us tomorrow in chucking those heels for a day, part of a day, or a few minutes. Also check out TOMS Shoes to see, in depth, how they are helping change our world one child at a time.
Until Then: "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has" ~ Margaret Mead