Thursday, December 30, 2010

Here's to You 2011!

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2011 

When I sat down with Amy Gibbons of Bags of Blessing two years ago and said, "here's what I want to do and you would be my very first designer BUT I'm not sure how I'm going to do it", I can only be filled with joy and relief that she believed in my vision as much as I did.  That was the beginning and we keep learning and reaching each and everyday.

I started Aesthetic Design Style to help people.  That was it.  That was my vision.  I thought I could combine my love of fashion with my love of people and hopefully help someone realize their dream along the way.  I cannot tell you the ups and downs I've encountered during the past two years; as many people have experienced when starting something from the ground up.  Each and every up or down has been a learning experience I have taken to heart and taken personally to help our designers and our boutique owners get where they want to be.  Not only have I learned so much about business in general, but I've learned a TON about myself.

The most important thing I've learned is that this is what I want to do in life.  How lucky am I to have found the passion I have always carried with me but hadn't known what it was.  On the worst day the thought never ever crossed my mind to quit.  There were a lot of things in my life that I've started but never finished (not that I'm proud of that), but my business was not one of those things and it never will be. 

This past year has also brought the answers to my prayers in the way of Janelle and Alyssa.  There is so much to be said for good people.  To have such talented individuals who can see my vision and genuinely care about the business as much as I do is truly hard to find and I found it TWICE!  Each brings their own specialty and talents to Aesthetic Design and 2011 is sure to be our best year ever.  To have clarity and focus and know what needs to be done AND have help doing it - there's nothing to stop us. 

We hope you stay tuned to all we have "up our sleeves" and keep supporting our wonderful designers and independent fashion as a whole.  Buying local here in Indiana or anywhere you are is important to each economy and if we all a conscious effort to do so the industry and our cities will thrive. 

Until Then:  "2011 is THE year of an independent fashion revolution" - me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment