Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Interns Take Over ADSH!

This week begins our Intern Takeover of our blog!  Enjoy the next few weeks with a fresh perspective on all things fashion from the inside out.  Without further ado MEET AMBER!


I am so excited to have this opportunity to be working with Julia and her team. I just know that I am going to be learning so much from this experience, and my hope is to use all of it to help better my career in the fashion industry.
My name is Amber and I am a junior about to be a senior at the Art Institute of Indianapolis. My interest in fashion didn’t come about until I took a sewing class my sophomore year of high school.  I really loved creating pieces and learning new stitches to put garments together. It fascinated me. Fashion is all about expressing yourself and telling a story, just like any other art form. I originally wanted to go into costume designing for theatre and film, because I have a love of history as well. Now, I’m not so sure that is what I want to do forever. I still have a huge interest in costuming and if the opportunity presented itself I would still love to dabble in it, but there are so many other aspects of fashion I enjoy now to.

A little about my background: I’ve grown up in Indianapolis all my life. I’ve lived in Carmel since I was 7 and before that the Pike area. I have a big family with 3 sisters and 3 brothers that I try to spend as much time with as I can. I went to Carmel High School and graduated in ’09. Other than sewing I enjoy yoga, Pilates, church, cooking, reading, and writing. I am also a music lover of all types of music. I am big into supporting the Indianapolis music scene and try to go to as my shows in the area that I can.  I take every opportunity I can to travel. I’ve only been to a few of the states like California, Florida, Arizona, and Tennessee. Out of the country I’ve been to Aruba, which is beautiful, and in a few short weeks I’ll be traveling to England. I’ll be sure to share all about my experience there.

This is just a little bit about me. Again I can’t express how excited I am to be interning for Aesthetic Design Style House and all the experiences I will be learning from them.

Until Then:  "I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings."  - Margaret Mead

No comments:

Post a Comment